Call for papers: Biophysics of Disease
Editor-in-Chief: Professor Dimitrios Morikis
BMC Biophysics is currently accepting manuscripts for the thematic series “Biophysics of Disease”.
The purpose of this thematic series is to bring together latest advances in Biophysics in this area, namely how it applies the power of physics, chemistry, and mathematics to understanding health, preventing disease and inventing cures.
We seek manuscripts that are based on hypothesis-driven or data-driven original research, including, but not limited to:
• Mechanistic studies of molecular and cellular origins of diseases using structure-dynamics-interactions-function relations
• Host-pathogen interactions
• Advances in treatments and preventative treatments such as vaccinations
• Imaging and modeling of tissues and organs in health and disease
• Modeling of cellular organization, biochemical pathways, networks, and systems to understand homeostasis and diseases.
We also encourage submissions that describe novel biophysical methods with applications in medicine, including the development of new diagnostic and medical imaging technologies, drug discovery, and mathematics-based disease models for precision medicine.
The call is open for all types of pathologies, mainstream and rare, acute and chronic, and age-related, including brain and neurodegenerative, mental, cardiovascular, pulmonary, blood, metabolic, autoimmune and inflammatory, infectious, cancer, musculoskeletal, skin, and other diseases.
Please submit directly to BMC Biophysics stating in your cover letter that it is for the “Biophysics of Disease” collection. Alternatively you can email your pre-submission queries to the Editor of BMC Biophysics at firstname.lastname@example.org
All manuscripts submitted for inclusion in the series by October 12th 2018 will be considered.
2017 Journal Metrics
1.813 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.104 - 5-year Impact Factor
0.49 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.682 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
Social Media Impact